Adekunle Gold And Simi Make Jon Ogah's Impressive 'Uncle Suru' Even Better

            uncle-suru
In 2009, the talented Jon Ogah impressed everyone who tuned in to watch the first edition of Naija Sings with his big voice and his charming personality – which explains why he won that season.
Well, eight years and two degrees later and it seems Jon is finally ready to become the big star fans of the show hoped he would be.

Following a brief stint as a fake housemate on the recently-concluded season of Big Brother Naija, Jon is cleverly using all the visibility the show gave him to re-release his 2014 sleeper hit "Uncle Suru" – with the help of Adekunle Gold and Simi.
(Photo: Jon Ogah/Instagram)(Photo: Jon Ogah/Instagram)
 
The 2014 version of "Uncle Suru" was an underheard gem, but we doubt this astonishing remake will have the same problem. It's a massive hit waiting to happen; and Jon couldn't have picked better artistes to help give the song new life than the consistently brilliant pairing of Adekunle Gold and Simi.
Speaking with Bella Naija about what inspired the song, Jon said:
"In 2014, I received a call from my brother informing me that my friend Suru (who inspired me to sing) had died in a Boko Haram bomb blast.
I was heartbroken and just began humming 'Uncle Suru', later that day I wrote the song with my brother.
It’s a letter to Suru, telling him I'm chasing my dreams, not giving up even though it is not easy."
Jon is currently working on an album; and if all the songs are as refreshing as "Uncle Suru" then we are all in for something really special.
Download "Uncle Suru" here – and listen to it below:

No comments

We love hearing from our readers ..

Powered by Blogger.