We Want Biafra Because Nigeria isn't Functioning And It Can Never Function- Nnamdi Kanu

We Want Biafra Because Nigeria isn't Functioning And It Can Never Function- Nnamdi Kanu

The Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, says the demand for the secession of the South East from Nigeria is because the nation seems not to be enthusiastic and can never be responsive. Kanu said this in an interview at the forefrontAl-Jazeerah,to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Biafran act yesterday May 30th.
Speaking in thethriving room at his Father's blazing in Umuahia, Abia own going on, Kanu said Nothing seems to be perky in Nigeria. There is backache and danger everywhere. What we'concerning feat [for] is not self-desire for the sake of it. It's because Nigeria is not functioning and can never acquit yourself." "
Kanu who was settled bail last month, says he doesn't care if he is flouting one of the terms for his bail which prohibits him fromgranting media interviews.

"I don't care. I can't go outside to call for a press conference. I can't go on Biafra Radio to broadcast. I can't allow large [groups of] people to basically congregate outside to see me … it's like asking me not to breathe," he said

 Kanu decried the perceived marginalization of the Ibos in Nigeria, motto that they have been prevented from aspiring to take important positions in the country such as President, Inspector General of Police, Chief of Army Staff in the middle of others.

"I'm not allowed to contest for the presidency of Nigeria because I'm Igbo. I'm not allowed to aspire to become the inspector general of police because I'm Igbo. I'm not allowed to become chief of army staff because I'm Igbo. What sort of stupid country is that? Why would any idiot want me to be in that sort of country?" he said.

No comments

We love hearing from our readers ..

Powered by Blogger.